uMongo, a MongoDB admin GUI
I am pretty sure that, although working with the console is quite important, you can ask if there is graphical tools that can help you. And the answer is yes.
Today I will introduce you to UMongo, a nice MongoDB admin GUI written by a developer from 10gen, the company behind MongoDB. I like it a lot to work with, specially if you’re a MongoDB admin. Here is the look of the main window:
There is a Connect Dialog to connect to the database, just by accesing File / Connection (or the keys combination CTRL+K), and you’re ready to introduce the connect information:
You can access to the whole database and work with all diferent collections:
On the left panel you can choose a database, and on the right panel is loaded the information you select. all very visual!
The features of this tool are:
- You can only connecto to one server or tu a buch of replicas, or to a MongoS instance
- You can operate with database: create, remove, command, eval, …
- You can operate with collections: crete, rename, remove, find, insert, save, …
- You can operate with documents: update, duplicate, remove, …
- You can operate with indexes: create, drop, …
- Shard ops: enable sharding, add shard, shard collection, …
- GUI Document builder
- Import / Export data to diferent formats like JSON, BSON, CSV.
- Support for query options and errors (getLastError)
- Statistics (server status, db stats, replication info, etc)
- Refresh information on real time (Mongo tree refreshes to have a real time view of cluster (servers up/down, durability, etc))
- You can execute “silencio” operations
- The GUI is exactly the same in all operating systems
Hace a nice day, and I hope it will be interesting for you!