One of the topics I would like to write about in this blog is software I normally use, or I try. And the one here is about the almighty Notepad++. I recommend you to download and give it a try!.
A handy programming tool
If you like yo program with no IDEs, Notepad++ is one of the best options, but there are more. I can recommend you another text editor, such us Sublime Text (I have tried, and … I like it a lot!).
Notepad++ is the powerful text editor, a substitution for the default Windows Notepad. If you haven’t try, let’s do it right now!.
The main features are:
- Syntax sighlight for several languages
- A lot of plugins and complements that make Notepad++ even more powerful
- You can save and run macros for repetitive tasks
- Quick access to the codification of files
- If you are a Web developer, you can have quick links to browsers
In my opinion, Nodepad++ is a very powerful text editor, free, and the best notepad you can use on Windows instead of the deafult (and too simple) one.
The use of plugins is commonly used between software, and Notepad++ has quite a lot. On the Plugins menu, there is an item called Plugin Manager to manage them!
Now, I write about a few of them I use, and are quite interesting:
- Notepad#, increase functionality, and specially, I like it for colours when programming CSS
- Compare, is a plugin for “compare” two files, showing you where are the differences
- JSONViewer, is a viewer for JSON object
- WebEdit, is an “assistant” that you can configure to your needs for developing with HTML5 and CSS3
- XBrackets, is a very useful plugin for closing brackets when you write an opener bracket
- Zen Coding Python, is an interesting plugin if you need to program Python. It’s not the only Python plugin, so, you can find PyNPP, Python Indent, Python Script, … For Python I use PyScripter, a software that you can read more entrance here.
I hope this can be useful for you (at least, it is for me!). Have a nice day!.